Monday, March 9, 2009

Beginning

I love learning. Growing up, I was the one who was always with my nose in a book -- even, occasionally, the one who ENJOYED schoolwork (the horror!). Not much has changed as an adult. I still love to read. I love to learn as much as I can about the world at hand. I love to put new skills to use. The only real change has been that I now have a child I am able to pass these skills along to.

I have been blessed to be able to stay at home with my son for most of the last five years. We have loosely homeschooled for quite some time. He will be going to school beginning this fall, and though I am sad about that, I have no plans to stop what we already do.

Currently, we are living in a small apartment that has no yard, which creates a whole new set of challenges for life with a small child. However, it does force us to get creative!

I tend to always have a camera in my hand, and figured I might as well put it to use and start a blog to record our days and accomplishments. Sometimes, having somewhere to blog motivates me to get moving on days where I'd just rather sit at home.

On that note -- here we go.

1 comment:

Shady Lady said...

I just found your blog! I have a 5 year old and we are homeschoolers, too. We plan on doing this homeschool thing forever. I've looked through your posts and it looks like you are having a blast homeschooling! Homeschooling rocks!