Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Summer Plans

I have been plagued yet again with a long-lasting headache. It started Sunday night and has yet to ease up. Yesterday and today have been pure survival mode days. I've spent most of the time laying on the couch, doing my best to quietly entertain T without moving my head. For some reason, one of the most comfortable places I can be is in my computer chair. Of course, because I have a slight internet addiction, I automatically sign on, even when my head is pounding. So here I sit.

Since I haven't accomplished much lately, I've been making mental lists of places I hope to go as a family in late spring or summer. Realistically, they probably won't all happen this year, but so I have a written list, here are some of our ideas.

Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument
Pompey's Pillar
Pictograph Cave State Park
Yellowstone (we're already trying to make plans to go just before Memorial Day)
Lewis and Clark Caverns
Beartooth Pass -- so beautiful, and great to hike through, but first I have to overcome my horrible fear of the dropoffs on the side of the road!
Search for agates along the river
Go fossil hunting -- we have a lot of great areas not far from here
Go hiking
Camp at a nearby lake
Start a garden
Go fishing (not my thing, but Joe wants to teach T, so OK)
Go stargazing
Watch a meteor shower
Order and "raise" caterpillars into butterflies
Launch rockets
Make a sundial
Fly kites
Fly balsa wood planes
Spend the day at a waterpark
Go to a baseball game
Go birdwatching
Get T his own set of real tools and begin teaching him how to use them
Spend time at the "beach" at Lake Elmo
Go to the Running of the Sheep (because you can't live in Montana without going at least once!)
Get out to the Museum of the Rockies (about a 1 1/2-2 hour drive from here)

Time will tell how much of this actually happens this summer, but for an obsessive list-maker like me, the list is nice to reference!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Running of the sheep? Is it like the running of the bulls? Too funny!

Lisa said...

BTW, I hope your head gets better. So hard to deal with life with one of those things....especially when you have a dozy like yours. I really hope you get better soon.

Shady Lady said...

I'm so sorry your headache is hanging on! I hope it's better soon!

What a great idea to make a list! I might just have to do that, too. :)

Sarah said...

Thank you both! I'm finally feeling better.

And yes, The Running of the Sheep is something along those lines. ;) I've lived here for almost 14 years, most of that time only about half an hour away, and still haven't seen it! But here's a picture - http://www.ultimatemontana.com/photogallery/montanaeastfull/Sheep-Run-5.jpg

Just something silly (but fun) that seems to turn out a ridiculous amount of people!