Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

I have had terrible headaches ever since T was born. Thankfully, I seem to have made it past the stage where I was getting migraines 3-4 times per week, and now only get one or two long lasting headaches a month. I finally discovered the best way to ward off migraines in time, and haven't gotten a full-blown migraine in months. However, when I get one of the headaches I've had this week, they knock me out almost as much as my migraines did. It finally eased up yesterday afternoon, and I hit fully functional this morning.

All the plans I had for T this week were thrown off because of how I felt, and I've pushed them ahead until next week. Today was BEAUTIFUL, so we spent almost the entire day outside. Six hours straight, to be exact. We walked to and from the library, discovered a park great for birdwatching, played at the park, and went on a nature walk. With all of the cold weather we've had, I had forgotten just how great it was to be outside!

We collected an assortment of rocks, pinecones, sticks, leaves, and berries on our walks today. I had intended to put them on one of his shelves to examine. T, however, took matters into his own hands an initiated this project himself.


He pulled out his magnifying glass to look at everything up close.


He then glued them to a piece of paper that is now on his shelf for him to look at.

There is something so special about watching a child take the reins and WANT to learn rather than be forced into it. I know I won't be his primary teacher forever, but I hope he never loses his love of learning.

1 comment:

Shady Lady said...

It is beautiful to watch children learning so naturally. What a fabulous day you had. Here's wishing you many more!